Friday, March 04, 2005

Uhh, Friday.

Yeah, that pretty much sums up how Fridays make me feel these days. You know that feeling when you wake up on a Friday and you know that all you have to do is sleepwalk through one more day until you can be free for awhile? Yeah, well I don't...not during this time of year. Fridays actually enrage me at this point of the year. Its not just that I have to work tommorrow and Sunday, its more that every person (outside of work) who I deal with today will end our interactions with "have a nice weekend" or "enjoy your weekend" or something else along those lines. Its a constant reminder that everybody else is going to be getting drunk (without it hanging on their conscience) and sleeping in for the next two days, while I'll be getting up at 8 AM so that I can drag my tired ass into work by 8:30. Its enough to make somebody like me, whose already a little off-kilter to begin with, lose their mind in the most public of forums. For example, last Friday, my friend Calvin and I were running some errands for work right around 5 PM and we were stuck in some pretty hellacious rush-hour traffic. While were sitting at the light we're watching all kinds of people perform everyday tasks such as getting gas, merging into traffic and even buying beer, except they were all doing it with the same ridiculous look on their face. Kind of like the look that a special olympic athlete gets right before they cross the finish line in first place. Its an expression of pure joy, yet it comes out looking like this person is peeing in their wetsuit. Well this was more than Calvin and myself could take. We both started yelling at people for the most minute of driving mistakes as well as any number of other perceived slights against the two of us. All within five minutes of each other, I had yelled at some Puerto Rican lady for not moving after a green light fast enough while Calvin screamed at some Nascar dude for driving like a woman. He then broke into song when he saw a beer truck pull up at the 7-11. The song went something like "Hey! Beer dude bring me some free beer, bitch". This was all followed by me falling asleep in the front seat of Calvin's car while he was driving 85 miles an hour on the highway...at 5:30. Pathetic, I know. Anyway, thats where I was last Friday and we opened Spring Training this week so I haven't exaclty caught up on my rest in the days since last Friday. Oh yeah, there is one more thing...I have to move into a new house tommorrow.

No comments: