Saturday, March 26, 2005

This post is SOOO hot!!

Maybe I'm just a little too overjoyed about this whole Pat O' Brien thing (actually I know that I am), but I swear that I heard Jim Nantz making a passing reference to it last night during the MSU-Duke game. Early in the second half, as CBS was going to commerical, Nantz says something to the effect of Duke has come ready to play tonight but...(here it is) Michigan State wants Duke to know that "they're soooo into this tonight" as the music plays. If you listened closely enough you could hear Billy Packer snicker in the way you would if somebody cracked a gay joke about the closet case in your office. I swear that I'm not making any of this up and that I was doubled over laughing at the thought of Billy Packer and Jim Nantz discussing what a weirdo they always knew Pat was. Can't you just hear Packer saying something like, "I should've known something when he told me I would look sexy with a mustache too." No? It's just me. Screw you then!

I like Louisville to win by about ten tonight over the Inbreeders...oh I mean the Mountaineers. Its been a nice run for them but Louisville is just playing too well right now and should have no problem getting out on all the perimeter shooters for West Virginia since the Cards see that style of play (abundance of shooters, not the Pricneton offense part) in practice on a daily basis. I also don't think that West Virginia has anybody who can cover Frank Garcia...and yes, I know I just called him Frank. It's easier and I'm lazy, get over it.

Illinois vs. Zona should be very interesting to watch. I think that Salim Stoudamire will give Illinois alot of trouble tonight. Luther Head is clearly not close to 100% (did you see him get blocked from behind on a fast break on Thursday night?) and without him to defend, Stoudamire could get a ton of open looks on the perimeter. I don't think that Dee Brown or Deron Williams match up with Stoudamire very well on the defensive end. With that said, I still am picking Illinois to win tonight because they just seem like the best overall team that I've seen in this tournament...and I want to win the pool that I'm in and that won't happen with Arizona in the Final Four.

Sorry that this isn't much of a post but I'm working on a Saturday so you'll probably have to deal with your dissapointment on your own time. Mine is way too valuable to waste on anything other than appeasing annoying fans and pulling tarp in driving rainstorms.

No comments: