Sunday, March 06, 2005

Nice bow tie...asshole.

DC Mayor Anthony Williams is in our facility today to check out a game. When a member of our staff asked him if he'd be interested in throwing out the first pitch, his reply was as follows, "I don't want to cheapen myself by throwing out a first pitch before the exhibition game in DC." Ummm, I think the fact that you're only being allowed to throw out the first pitch at an exhibition game cheapens you plenty, thanks.

Here's my bold prediciton for the day: With Florida hosting Kentucky and Duke taking on UNC this afternoon, Anthony Williams will watch at least three more innings of baseball than I do today. I'm in no way saddened by this turn of events.

One last thing: I was walking into a bar last night and noticed it had two empty handicapped, parking spots which got me thinking. If somebody is well enough to drive themselves out for a drink or three, shouldn't they have to park where everybody else does? I'm all for preferred parking for these people at the grocery store and other neccesity type places but at a bar? Really? C'mon...if you want to get drunk with the rest of us then you're gonna have to drag that bum leg a few extra yards to do it.

No comments: