Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Damn! I wish I hadn't lost Janikowski's phone number.

Last night we had a night game against the Mets, which was pretty fantastic when you consider that 70% of the 8,100 people in the stands were horrible, annoying New York and New Jersey transplants. God, I'm glad that's over. I can't stand those self righteous pricks. I'll gladly deal with the New York/New Jersey attitude when I'm up in their neck of the woods, but once you've moved down to Florida (or anywhere else for that matter), you immediately lose all right to pontificate on the merits of the New York-New Jersey Metro area. Nobody made you move down here, and nobody wants to hear about how great Long Island is...so shut your filthy pasta slurping mouth. In case you haven't noticed, I love all the different fans who venture into our facility on a weekly basis.

The only good thing that came from the evening is that the Mets brought utter crap up to the game and pissed off all the "diehard fans" (their words, not mine) who couldn't name a single prospect or non-starter. Major League Baseball requires that the visiting team during spring training bring at least 4 players off of their 25 man roster. So what did the Mets do? They brought three middle relievers and Miguel Cairo. Willie Randolph...you are truly a great man.

We have another game today against the Atlanta Braves and I've heard that the Braves are bringing a pretty decent roster so I may sneak out of the office and take in an inning or two. Other than that, there is not alot to report about my life or the currently dead sports scene other than the fact that I finally broke down and purchased the NBA League Pass for the remainder of the season this morning. Last night I suddenly realized that there will be no sports that I enjoy regularly watching on TV (baseball sucks on TV, unless its the fall) available after Monday night and after grabbing a towel to dry off all of the cold sweat that had engulfed my body, I figured that I'd go ahead and pay the $49 for the League Pass. I usually buy the League Pass at the beginning of each season but decided against it earlier this year because of a less than stable living situation. Well, that problem has been solved and now I just have to figure out how I'm going to convince my girlfriend on why it's neccessary that I stay up for the Warriors-Clippers game until 1:30 on a tuesday night. I think it may be time for me to break out the old GHB recipe again. Now if I can only find my old college notebooks.

No comments: