Saturday, March 12, 2005

Can I punch you in the head!

I'm at work on a saturday morning so I'm clearly looking for ways to waste time when I mosey on over to espn.com and notice a new mail bag from Bill Simmons. I love his mailbags, probably my favorite aspect of his column, other than his ramblings. I am reading along and enjoying myself quite a bit when Simmons starts discussing Nirvana. Now, I'm sure you can read so I won't bore you with the details but he calls Nirvana's performance on MTV Unplugged "mediocre" and follows that gem up with this comment "It actually mad me sad the first time I watched it." WOW!!! Umm, I guess there's a reason why he's not called "The Music Guy". What a fucking idiot. Is he aware that they covered a ton of those obscure songs specifically for the performance or that they did it all in one take (everybody else on this show always did multiple takes to get their songs to come off just right), or is he really that fucking stupid? I will never, ever feel the same about Bill Simmons. Stick to the Celtics and the Sox you fucking dumbass.

No comments: