Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Are you too good for your home? Answer me!

As you may have noticed, I've done some spring renovations to the site which is a sure sign that I'm avoiding the work on my desk at all costs, but would you really expect anything less from me? I certainly hope not.

I don't really have alot to add today so I figured that I'd share a pretty ridiculous anecdote about one of my co-workers from last week. I have a shaky stomach that doesn't always react well to the foods I eat and often leads to me spending an inordinate amount of my afternoon perched on the throne. Well, last Friday was one of these days as the quesadillas that I ate at lunch decided to make my afternoon a veritable water closet relay race. I must have hit the bathroom five times in a three hour span. This was especially annoying because I was trying to waste company time by watching basketball, not by dropping off the Cosby kids at the pool.

Soon after qutting time, I ventured over the the weight room to get in a quick workout before heading home for more basketball viewing. When I arrived in the weight room, I shared the story of my trying times with Calvin and Joe who were already working out. After I almost made Joe pee his pants with the especially graphic details of my struggle, the converstaion turned to unfortunate stomach ailments and the various techniques we use to quell these disturbances. At this point, everything is moving along as well as can be expected (we were talking about poop, so draw your own conclusions) when Calvin pipes up with this gem. Mind you, I'm paraphrasing here but this is a pretty reasonable facsimilie of what he said.

Calvin: "You know when I am having trouble and I think that there is still some more left in there but I can't get it out, do you know what I do?"

Me & Joe: "No. What?"

Calvin: "I just punch myself in the stomach a couple of times to get it moving"

At this point I pretty much just dropped the weights that I was lifting and began to laugh hysterically at the idea of Calvin punching himself in the stomach while sitting on the can. Then Joe piped up and said, "Do you say anything when you're punching yourself? You know, like Nobody likes you so get outta here or I hate you just leave already." You have to understand that Calvin is among the more unbalanced people that I know and the thought of him uttering such things is far more plausible than it is farfetched. Needless to say, I immediately went to the bathroom and punched myself in the stomach four or five times.

Actually, I just laughed for another five minutes and went home.

4 comments:

T.J. said...

Doing the Bull Dance, feeling the flow...Working, working...

Mark said...

Hey Shooter want meet me up at Red Lobster? My treat!

T.J. said...

Damn you people. Go back to your shanties.

Mark said...

I had to hit my ball off of Frankenstein's fat foot!