Friday, March 18, 2005

I'm talking about you!! Paul.

There were some candidates for great games last night but, other than WVU-Creighton, they all fizzled out pretty spectacularly. Creighton should feel horrible this morning. They absolutely blew that game last night.

-As I was watching the Winthrop-Gonzaga game, I was imagining the Winthrop huddle and I kept thinking that at some point the phrase, "These white boys ain't shit!" was being uttered by one of the upperclassmen leaders.

- Even with the horrible implications that a Gonzaga loss would've had for my bracket, I would have really loved to have seen them go out to Winthrop, if only because its always good to see the "experts" be totally exposed for the clueless jamokes that we all are when it comes to the tournament.

-Winthrop was/is a very talented passing team.

-Chris Paul has alot of Isiah Thomas in him. I don't mean that in reference to his game either. Isiah was more a scoring point guard while Paul is a little more of the traditional pass first point guard. They are both capable of being the lead guy or the setup guy on a team, they just have different natural tendencies. What I mean is that both Isiah (early in his career) and Paul are guys who the media seems to love and always talk glowingly about. Yet, if you watch Paul you'll see that he does alot of little shit that would lead you to believe he's a bit of a punk. We all know about him roshamboing Julius Hodge and he also got into a scuffle with Daniel Ewing earlier this year, but those things happen from time to time in basketball and can be excused as lapses in judgement. What bothered me last night is that he was doing alot of jawing with the guys on Chattanooga and following that up with stupid little things like grabbing the ball out of the hoop after every basket. It seems like nothing to most fans but it really struck me as unneccessary for a player of his caliber. He completely reminded me of the guy in pickup ball who makes it no fun for everybody else to play because he's turning it into a personal battle between him and the entire oppossing team. Of course, this wasn't a pickup game and I'm sure his own teammates didn't mind one bit. I'm not totally sure what my overall point is but I know that I think Chris Paul is an undercover punk who hides behind his nice schoolboy image, just like Isiah used to, I guess I could've said that alot more quickly.

That's it, I need to feed this mini-hangover before it expands and ruins my entire morning. I'll be back later.

No comments: