Wednesday, March 23, 2005

I think we might be missing a REALLY drunk guy

I don't have a single thing to add to the online world today, other than my rugged good looks. Then again, you can't actually see me through this computer screen so you'll just have to imagine how cool I look when I type (hint: not very).

The reason for this is that I am busy preparing for my office fantasy baseball draft, which commences in a little less than an hour. I didn't participate in the office league last year since I figured I'd get enough of baseball with the 80-plus games that I see in person each year. Of course, I'll still see over 80 games this year but I decided to throw my hat into the ring anyway. Basically, I'm playing fantasy baseball so I can make fun of everybody's picks tonight and also to have yet another reason to avoid doing the things that this company pays me (poorly) for. It should be interesting tonight as there are thirteen teams involved this year and we even have a guy from Kentucky participating in our draft via speakerphone. I can't emphasize enough that I'm really only in this for the material that tonight will provide me. Maybe, if I'm not too lazy and anyone who knows me knows how unlikely this now becomes, I'll jot down some of the especially ridiculous picks from tonight's action.

I was just about to title this blog in reference to the lack of a ridiculously drunk guy in this year's draft but one of our interns just walked in (he had the day off) with a six pack in hand and a pretty healthy buzz on him already. I'm actually giddy as a result of this latest development. Now all we need is somebody who spends half the time on the phone with his girlfriend and I'm pretty sure we have that one taken care of already.

Oh yeah, thanks for making Barry Bonds jump off a bridge...I hope you're all very proud of yourselves!

No comments: