Friday, March 25, 2005

My Grandchildren are beautiful by the way!!

I bought the greatest thing that I've had the pleasure of purchasing in quite some time yesterday afternoon and it absolutely made my day. This is an item that I'd been searching for since I bought my new car in late August of last year. Since I live in Florida, I didn't think it would take me much time to get my hands on this item, but it proved a much more scarce commodity than I had ever anticipated. Quite frankly, I'd given up hope for finding this item and was about to stat searching the internet. Then yesterday afternoon as I was purchasing a Cobb salad at Wal-Mart (not as bad as you'd think, really...and yes I only started eating Cobb salad's because of the Curb Your Enthusiasm episode involving them) when I decided to make one last ditch effort in hopes of finding my lost treasure. So I walk over to the rack, spin it around and...there it is! More beautiful than I had imagined and the last one to boot.

I quickly pick it up and take it to the counter where a slightly confused clerk looks at it, looks at me and then just goes ahead and checks me out while looking slightly bemused. No matter, I have what I came for and I couldn't be happier. What is this object of my affection you ask? A license plate. A license plate for the front of my car. A license plate that reads: "Ask me about my Grandchildren".

Not much more time to write anything today as I ended up pulling tarp on three separate occasions this afternoon and am now to tired to attempt to write anything remotely intelligent and/or funny, not that my normal attempts at such things are very successful to begin with.

Zona-OSU was a great game to watch. I only hope that we can get a couple of more games like that before the tournament's over...fast paced, well played and right down to the wire. Oh yeah, and I was wrong. I know.

As for tonight's games:

-I am thinking UNC over Nova, though I would really like to have seen Nova with a healthy Curtis Sumpter. Unless Jason Fraser packed his oujia board and is once again able to summon the ghost of Wilt Chamberlain, I think that the May-Williams combo will just be too much for the smaller, quicker Nova team to handle. Nova could try and speed up the game, but that plays right into Carolina's hands since they are a much better team when they don't have to play in the half court.

-Wisconsin vs. NC State: Bo Ryan's team will put me to sleep but 'll wake up on my couch just in time (causing me to look alot like Herb Sendek does everyday of the year) to see the Badgers beat NC State as "Orange Julius" Hodge shoots under 35% for the game.

-Duke vs. Michigan State: I know that I said that I don't think that Michigan State is very good ( I still don't) but I feel like they'll get Shelden Williams in foul trouble and throw enough defenders at JJ Reddick to make his life miserable, thereby causing him to force up bad shots in a Duke loss. One caveat here: Duke can win if Daniel Ewing goes to the basket consistently and stops settling for his streaky/shaky long range jumper.

- Kentucky vs. Utah: I have no clue here. Kentucky is overrated and so is Andrew Bogut but I think that Andrew Bogut love parade has one more stop on it and the Utes finally win a NCAA tournament game while Rick Majerus downs 4 meatball subs and three baked potatoes...before halftime.

No comments: