Thursday, April 14, 2005

Who doesn't like drunks? Seriously.

Quick update today because I am unusually busy getting ready for tonight's game against the Jupiter Hammerheads. I know what you're thinking...what an awful name! I concur, though I have always thought that they could make the name alot better. All they would have to do is change their logo from the shark that they currently have to a picture of a half shaven dude with a bottle of liquor (preferably wrapped in a brown paper bag) pressed up to his lips while the cartoonish drunk bubbles floated upward from his head. I mean, wouldn't you wear a hat with a huge boozer on the front? I know that I would. That's probably a big reason why I work in MINOR league baseball.

Further proof that ESPN is laughably out of touch with the general sports scene: Tonight's Washington Nationals home opener is NOT going to be nationally televised on the Worldwide Follower. Instead, the country is going to get the Yankees-Red Sox for the nineteenth time this year. You've got to be kidding me with this shit. I know that the Yankees and Red Sox are a huge deal and everybody is enamored with this rivalry and that's great. Even with that, is there any possible excuse for ESPN choosing to broadcast yet another April matchup between these two teams instead of showing the first home baseball game in our nation's capital in over 30 years? What a joke.

Finally, If you are a fan of good hip-hop (see: nothing that appears on your radio or MTV) then go ahead and try and download Common's new album "BE". He's always been a great rapper but now he's back on the sauce, which has had a very positive effect on his music. It's not coming out for another month or so but you can just go ahead and steal it off the internet like me. Don't act like you don't already do worse than that on a daily basis.

No comments: