Monday, April 25, 2005

I'll take a summer of unemployment checks for $200, Alex.

I know I always use the really lame excuse that I'm too busy to write ( I DO have a job to do...poorly of course, but the point is that I have to do it nonetheless) but today is yet another example of this happening and I'm going to lean on old faithful one more time. Basically, my office just received a call from an Orlando area TV station asking for our thoughts on the team being sold and it's probable move to Orlando. I'd say our thoughts are best captured by this phrase, "Steve Holt is a bastard! He doesn't even know who his father is ."

Now you may be currently muttering something about that phrase having nothing to do with any sort of sale of a minor league baseball team and...you'd be right. The problem is that this phone call was the first that anybody had heard of the team being sold. Not exactly the way that you want to find out about the possible loss of your place of employment, though I would bet there is no good way to come upon news of this nature. Anyway, that's what has caused me to be so delinquent with any analysis of the NFL Draft or the brand spanking new NBA playoffs. I'll get to some of this tommorrow, assuming that I still have a desk and a computer when I show up late to work tommorrow.

Some of you may be thinking that I wiser man wouldn't be blogcasting (I know its a cheesily made up word. Thank you for noticing.) this sort of news to anybody with an internet connection for fear of losing his job. Well, you're right. A wiser man wouldn't do this sort of thing. Then again, I wiser man also probably wouldn't go skipping out of his office if he was fired right this second.

2 comments:

Jerry said...

Sounds like it might be time for a hunger strike.

T.J. said...

Dancing away my hunger pangs...Moving my feet so my stomach won't hurt...I'm kind of like Jesus, but not in the sacrilegious way...