Wednesday, April 13, 2005

It's Africa hot out here....

Or more appropriately... in here. The AC is broke in the ticket office AGAIN, so I'm just sitting at my desk sweating. Out of curiosity I just went and checked the thermostat right outside my office and it read 83 degrees. 83 degrees? You've got to be kidding me, right? Simply put: NO. It is actually cooler outside (on a sunny April day in Florida) than it is in my 'effin office. I can't take much more of this so I'm using this as my excuse for not writing a whole lot today. Well, that and the whole back thing which makes the act of typing quite painful if I do it for more than three minutes at a time. Hopefully, our AC will be back tommorrow and my back will also be further down the road to recovery so that I can bless on you peons with my witty commentary on all things sports. Until then, I will leave you with a few things to chew on:

1) I went from second place in my fantasy baseball league (last thursday) to dead fucking last in the entire league (13 teams) in a span of less than a week. I guess I should pay attention to baseball and updating my lineup on the weekend, huh? Oh well. I'm just lulling my competitors to sleep anyway.

2) Bill Simmons, aka Sports Guy, is having a kid. That's great for him and I'm sure we all wish him the best, but does anybody else get the feeling that this is the end of enjoying anything that the man writes...ever? I know that's the first thing I thought when I read yesterday's column. I'm betting we're about three years away from sentences like, "Am I the only person who thinks that Dora the Explorer looks ALOT like a young Johnny Damon? I didn't think so." If things like this begin to happen and I don't mention it, then its safe to assume that I've hung myself with my shoelaces and that my helper monkey has picked up the blogging responsibilities on my behalf.

3) And finally, here's an excerpt of an email that I sent to one of my former roomates today:

"In case you hadn't heard, the NHL playoffs would have started tonight. Just imagine how excited you would be today. You would be able to watch multiple (that means more than one) playoff games starting at 7 PM tonight. Instead all you were able to watch was some even crappier than the NHL (hard to do) college hockey last weekend. I hope you are enjoying this beautiful era of sports without gay ass hockey. I know that I am.

Things could be worse...at least you have the memory of the Yankees winning last year's World Series to keep you warm at night...Ohh! My bad.

Go San Antonio Islanders!!!"


For the record, I don't hate hockey at all. I do, however, hate this kid and all of the teams that he supports. Aren't you pissed off that you don't know me better? I would be.

3 comments:

T.J. said...

Just remember, it's only Week 1 of Fantasy Baseball Season. Even idiots like me who have Dirty Sanchez on his team need to hold out hope at least until Week 3 or 4.

Mark said...

I know its early and I'm not panicking yet. I just am amazed by my own incompetence and like to share the wonderment.

T.J. said...

And I appreciate you sharing with us...incompetence is what binds us all (or at least the people who know Greg).