Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Just a city boy....

I'm pretty busy right now scouring the internet for a new place of employment. I do have some real work to do but, the way I see it, that work isn't going anywhere and a better job may very well be. As I'm busy this morning conducting my search, I won't be able to do much writing but I'll try my damndest to get something more substantial up by this afternoon.

In the meantine, I thought I'd share with you a few items of interest (to me). When I got in my car for the ten minute drive home last night, the local classic rock station was just jumping into a block of Journey, unbeknownst to me. You can imagine my excitement as I pulled out of the parking lot to the sweet sounds of Wheel in the Sky. My drive would only get better from there, as the guitars of Wheel quickly gave way to the opening pianos chords of Don't Stop Believing. I was sitting in my driveway before Steve Perry had even stop serenading my work weary heart. It was enough to make me forget how much I hate dancing to whitey's tune all day long, for a little while at least. Thank you Steve Perry, you are a god amongst men.

In other music news, some of the University of Miami's fine student athletes recorded quite a little love song last year. It's found it's way onto the internet and I've found it suitable to bring to you today. Click on this link, shut your office door and let the good times roll.

Just in case you were wondering, Linebacker Tavares Gooden wears #52 for the Hurricane Football team. I promise you'll understand why I told you that in a couple of minutes.

Enjoy

No comments: