Monday, August 08, 2005

Fuck you, Fuck you, You're cool. Fuck you...I'm out.

I'm cutting out of work early today so that I can go play basketball this evening. I usually play ball about a couple of times a week but I have to go to Orlando for some more training on Tuesday and Wednesday so it's not looking good for the rest of the week. The way I figure it, I'll be working on my drive to Orlando tommorrow morning, so I might as well take some personal time this afternoon. I may be a slave to the white man, but I'm certainy not going to be his house boy as well.

Anyway, this is all I plan on posting for the next couple of days. I'll be pretty busy in Orlando and don't want to waste your or my time with crap that's anymore unfocused than usual.

As for tonight, the Cards are playing the Brewers after yesterday's amazing walk-off Grand Slam by David Eckstein. If you were watching the game, it definitely had the feel of the type of game that you'll back on in October as one of the season's key moments. Hopefully, I'll be looking back on yesterday after a World Series victory, not a blown Central division lead to the Astros. On a related note, I think it's now painfully obvious that Chris Carpenter picked one of the worst years possible to have his career season. If Roger Clemens contines pitching lights out like this, then Carpenter won't have a chance at the Cy Young. All those old sportswriters are practically licking Clemen's taint at this point in the season. If Clemens does win, it's certainly deserved but you gotta feel bad for a guy like Carpenter who was basically left for dead by Toronto a few years back. He's now far better than he ever was before his injury and he's nothing more than a blurb in articles about how Clemens may be the greatest pitcher of all time.

Monday Night Football is back tonight, which mean that...Monday Night Countdown is back...Booyah!

It should be interesting to see Ricky Williams back in action, if only because this is all we'll see from him for until November when he gets off his four game suspension. He's listed as the #4 running back on the depth chart and I can't wait to see him playing with/against guys who will be bringing their playbooks to the coaches office in about a week or so. If he wanted to he could be the real life equivalent of Bo Jackson on Super Tecmo Bowl tonight. I know being even remotely excited about Preseason football is a joke but...whatdo you want from me? It's August and I need football, any football.

2 comments:

CFunk28 said...

Mmmmm, Football.

T.J. said...

Mark...how about some love for the Magic for cutting Doug and Mrs. Christie?