Thursday, January 20, 2005

A request....

Can all of the NBA writers and "experts" stop referring to Tracy McGrady as a "hometown boy" when speaking of the city of Orlando? Better yet, can they just stop saying that McGrady signed with Orlando because he wanted to play in his hometown?

Listen up and grab a map assholes...Tracy McGrady isn't from Orlando, he isn't even from any of the many suburbs of Orlando. He was raised in a tiny hick town named Auburndale that is more than 45 minutes outside of Orlando. In fact, Auburndale is significantly closer to the city of Lakeland. This is like me saying that I am from Orlando even though I was born and raised over an hour away...its just not true. Yes, McGrady may have grown up an Orlando fan and even attended a few Magic games but the attachment ends there. I believe there are enough angles to explore about tonight's game against the Magic without the press fabricating some bullshit "Local boy done good" story.

Oh and by the way...I hope McGrady gets 45 and the Rockets lose by 15...it'll be just like old times in the TD Waterhouse Center with McGrady scoring in bunches and his team losing because all of his teammates stood around with their fingers in their ass for 3 hours.

1 comment:

CFunk28 said...

I'm back bitch...and I hate Auburndale and their stuck up middle school principals.