Monday, January 24, 2005

I'd slit Landon's throat....

Man, I cannot wait for The Real World tomorrow...who knew that a black gay guy could still be that possesive of his black female roommate? I haven't been this excited for a Real World episode since Mike had that threesome in the shower during the Miami season...and yes, I know that I'm a sad and pathetic person and I'm ok with that.

After the two worst championship games in history, I don't have the patience to write any sort of column today so I'm just gonna give you some quick thoughts that I didn't forget after a FULL weekend of drinking....

- I had absolutely no idea that Brian Dawkins was certifiably crazy, that postgame speech was easily the most exciting thing that happened in either game yesterday. I honestly thought that he was going to puch Joe Buck right in the face at one point...with all of the media coverage that the Eagles get we couldn't have gotten him miked for a game or two these past couple of years? A reality show following him would give us twice the excitement of the proposed Christie reality show...until Jackie Christie maces some UCF co-ed of course.

-Is it just me or do the Conference Championship trophies look alot like ashtrays? Of course, I also think the Pro Football Hall of Fame looks like a giant orange juice squeezer, so maybe I'm weird.

-It's a good thing that Freddie Mitchell isn't a shameless self-promoter, because that would be really annoying.

-Peerless Price might be one of the worst wide receivers ever to get a huge free agent contract...he's approaching Alvin Harper on the Tampa Bay Bucs territory, quickly. Now that we've had a couple of years to take in all of this, would it be wrong to start garnishing his wages and sending a monthly check to Eric Moulds...would anybody (other than Peerless) object to this?

-I may be biased, because he's possibly my favorite Gator ever, but Lito Sheppard became one the very best corners in the NFL this season and has only raised his level of play in the playoffs so far, plus his name is Lito...that's got to be worth something doesn't it?

-There's not a more underrated receiving corps in the NFL than the Patriots' receivers...no big names but they all make big plays and they all seem to have unbelievably sure hands.

-We all know that Tom Brady was a sixth round pick, but what many people don't know is that among the QBs drafted ahead of him was one Giovanni Carmazzi of Hofstra, who was drafted in the third round by the 49ers. Maybe I'm just old fashioned but, I would always draft an Orange Bowl MVP QB from Michigan before I would draft an Italian immigrant who played football at Hofstra. I also would draft a high school player before I would ever draft a Michigan tailback but like I said, thats just me.

-On a related note, in recent years the 49ers have drafted such Quarterbacking legends as Jim Druckenmiller, Tim Rattay, Degowop Carmazzi, Ken Dorsey, and Ron Powlus. Alright, I lied about the last one but who else thinks that maybe, just maybe forcing Bill Walsh out was a bad move for the organization? I can understand where Terry Donahue was coming from though. Why would you want to keep on the inventor of football's most popular (and prolific) offense and the man responsible (on one level or another) for all of your Super Bowl victories?

-Speaking of Hofstra, why did they stop using the nickname "Flying Dutchmen" in favor of "Pride"? Were the Dutch offended? Did they threaten to cut off all wooden shoe importing? There's got to be some explanation for this.

-Does anybody else think that Tom Brady is angling for an endorsement with Vidal Sassoon by pulling a Kevin Elster with regards to his recent lack of hair product? Remember when Elster broke the consecutive errorless games streak at shortstop while playing for the Mets and then said he'd stop wearing Rawlings gloves unless he got an endorsement deal with them? Really...I'm the only person who has thought about this?

- I must say that I was shocked when I saw Lenny Wilkens was fired on Friday night...shocked because I thought that Lenny Wilkens was dead and that was just a Lenny Wilkens robot that Isiah was controlling from his office.

- The Doug Christie trade has already had one GREAT benefit...a new drinking game for me to enjoy while sitting on my couch. Here's how it works: Every time that Doug signals to his wife (over 100 times in any given game) you must drink...simple, easy to follow, gets you hammered... now thats the recipe for a drinking game if I've ever heard one.

-I just found out that Stephen A. Smith is getting his own show on ESPN2 in June, coincidentally I also just ordered a pistol grip shotgun from my local gun shop...I wish I was kidding.

-Do you think that Marcus Vick kicked all the girls out of his apartment yesterday when it became aparrent that the Falcons were going to lose or did they just leave because they had a prom committee meeting to attend?


No comments: