Tuesday, October 11, 2005

So I hooks a left....

The annual Cardinals-Astros NLCS kicks off this evening at 8 PM on FOX. I'm simultaneously excited and scared shitless about this series. I would like to get to some thoughts about the series and what the Cardinals will have to do to win aside for the normal McCarverisms (read: scores more runs than your opponent, be the first team to win four games, etc.). Unfortunately, I have alot on my plate today after being out of work for most of Friday and all of Monday. Evidently, this place doesn't shut down when I'm not here...I guess I missed the memo on that one. In lieu of a lengthy breakdown, I will leave you with this to mull over as you try and find ways to avoid work this afternoon. I can't be the only one, can I?

Key to the series: Left side of the Cardinal infield.

David Eckstein needs to consistently get on base to set the table for the bats behind him while continuing to do a cromulent job of playing shortstop. Perhaps even more important is that Abraham Nunez get a few timely hits in order to help make up for the loss of Scott Rolen in the lineup. Then again, what do I really know about this series?

2 comments:

Jerry said...

...on 2-1 and Lewis
Some brothers shootin dice so I say let's do this...

If the Cards get mid-season Chris Carpenter, they win the series easily. If it's late-season Chris Carpenter, it's going 6 or 7 games.

Mark said...

Thank you...you've made my day by picking up "Regulate" where I left off. It always brings me back to the care free days of being a high school sophomore.

I have resigned myself to late season Chris Carpenter and the requisite 6-7 game series.