Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Trying to steal another's man wife can be very inspirational...

Maybe it's just me but I feel like whenever you see a grown man riding a bicycle in a leisurely manner (as oppossed to using it for exercise purposes) the chances of him being a really sketchy dude are, at minimum, 4-1. In my opinion those odds are far better when you see this guy riding his bike at night. If, in addition, he's carrying any type of alcoholic beverage...you're better off getting into a conversion van with a man wearing an eye patch than sticking around to see what develops with Donny DUI.

Do you know what else I think? I think that whenever you see a guy rocking a bright blonde, curly mullet (as I did in the gym this afternoon) the chances that he's paid for sex in the last six months are right around even money.

Speaking of money...for my money there isn't a better 4 minutes of music than the instrumental at the end of "Layla". It's beautiful, full of feeling and does a fantastic job a conveying the emotions of the song. Admittedly, I seem to like instrumental music more than you average listener but it's really impressive and still stands up after thirty something years.

2 comments:

Mark said...

I knew that Laylas was on the GoodFellas soundtrack but I had no idea that it was only the epilogue or whatever you beltway pseudo-intellectuals call it.

As for you analysis of the song...I couldn't agree more.

CFunk28 said...

Did you see that Pacman Jones was arrested for assault and mj possesion in a Nashville club? Go figure. He's still my favorite draftee from 2005. Any dude that wears a big Pacman medallion around his neck is awesome in my book.