Friday, March 30, 2007

I'm pathetic...

Once again, my inability to control my superstitiousness (is that even a word?) is running my life. In the past, I've brought extra (or backup) clothes to locations where I'd be watching especially important games or missed whole chunks of game action in an effort to bring my team "good luck". In fact, my neurotic nervous habits have been a constant in my life for as long as I can remember being a sports fan. It's not something I'm particularly proud of, but it is what it is. I can't hide from who I am especially during a time as crucial to my alma mater as this. With that in mind, I'm not going to be posting any sort of Final Four preview today. If you are hard up for analysis on Saturday's games, there are plenty of other websites that would be glad to help you.

They too, think I'm pathetic. They can't make the "R" sound though, so I still win.



You may think I'm pathetic for letting my superstitions run my life. You may be right about that. The way I see it, I either cling to these rituals to keep me sane or I double my booze intake to numb my anxiety. As much as I love the sauce, I don't think I'd be conscious for either of tomorrow's games if I started drinking now. And I'd probably get fired as well. All in all, it seems like simply not posting in this space is the better option for my overall welfare. So sorry about getting your hopes up and failing to deliver on the promised entry. Oh hell, who am I kidding? Nobody's even gonna read past the first paragraph of this damn post anyway.

2 comments:

T.J. said...

You are having quite a year as a sports fan my friend...

Mark said...

I'm pretty sure its never gonna get any better for me (as a fan) than it is right now. Good times.