Friday, September 15, 2006

You know I don't speak Spanish.

I was really planning on doing a post about tomorrow's Tennessee- Florida matchup this week as well as some other picks of what promises to be one of college football's most enjoyable and draining weekends in recent memory. Unfortunately, I just got back from three days in Miami at a conference. I'd like to say that I was too busy attending education sessions and symposiums to sit down and write anything worthwhile. However, I was actually too busy laying on the beach and drinking copious amounts of Patron to do anything other than swim, sleep and occasionally eat a terribly overpriced meal. I know, I know, its a tough life I lead but somebody has to attend these conferences on the compnay dime so it might as well be me.

I'm back in town now and I don't have nearly the energy required to write anything other than what you're currently reading. You can rest assured that I'll be intently watching all of tomorrow's many marque matchups while I bite my nails down to the cuticle out of Orange Sherbet related anxiety. Suffice it to say, 8 pm Saturday cannot come soon enough for this guy. Hopefully, I'll have some time to write come Monday. If so, I'l be back with a wrapup on the trip to Miami as well as my assorted thoughts on Separation Saturday, or whatever the schmoes at the Worldwide Leader are calling tomorrow. Enjoy your weekend.

Oh yeah, I did manage to catch a little of Mayland - WVU last night and I think it's safe to say that Ralph Friedgen probably owes about 15% of his current salary to former pupil Joe Hamilton. Remember when everybody thought that fat fuck was an offensive mastermind and potentially great coach? Feels like decades ago these days.

10 comments:

John said...

In the first quarter of that WVU game, Steve Slaton looked like one of the top three running backs I've ever seen play college football. The other two are Reggie Bush and Jamal Lewis. Then, in the second half he looked terrible, but it was hard to fault the guy since he already had 2TDs and almost 200 yards.

Also, is it normal to get drunk by yourself four times in the same week?

Mark said...

I hope Slaton enjoys all this now b/c I can't see him being to successful at the next level. Though, to be fair, I am a well known "hater".

As dominant as Jamal Lewis was, he never seemed to put it together against the Gators. As a result of this, I never really gave him the credit he deserved until after the fact. Of course, Travis Stephens looked like Marcus Allen against UF in 2001. Just thinking about that game makes me want to murder somebody.

With regards to your question, it sounds pretty standard to me. here's the real question: Beer Or Liquor?

Mark said...

34th post post huh? I'm glad that you took the time to research this. While you may be correct in your assertion, I'd like to remind you that the name of the blog is "drunk and stupid". That's nothing if not truthful. Furthermore, While I don't deny being too high/drunk/busy to post, I can't recall ever saying that I was too bored to blog. If I was bored then I'd deliver a longer (and more traditional)piece of crap for you to read.

One more thing: Fuck off Greg.

Jerry said...

Remember when Greg had a blog?

John said...

In the awesomeness that is my life, this week has consisted of my cell phone breaking, my car getting stolen, ordering ESPN Gameplan, getting drunk four nights in a row on Maker's Mark, looking forward to only one thing all week: Watching South Carolina beat Wofford, since I shelled out the cash to order it.

Fittingly, what happens?

It's the only goddamned game that doesn't show up on my fucking TV.

I hate you, God.

CFunk28 said...

I hope all of those orange clad hillbillies had fun choking on that God foresaken song. I hate the whole state of Tennessee.

Mark said...

Effin a Greg...effin a!

If it hadn't been for the Gators' win on Rocky Top Saturday eve I would've been nearly homicidal yesterday afternoon. By halftime it was so clear that things weren't going to change for the better that I packed up and went over to a house party to watch all the games (with Tampa on a tiny TV) instead of my usual routine of intently watching the Bucs by myself. At that point figured I might as well drink some beers and accept some congratulations for the Gators hard fought victory. I'm still so damn pleased with that by the way, as it was exaclty the kind of game that the Gators would normally lose.

Mark said...

You'd better be careful the next time you step into the Scropion's Den pal.

Sting 'Em!!!

CFunk28 said...

Surfers should not play football. But I concur none the less...

Sting 'Em!

T.J. said...

Hola...come esta...mi casa es su casa.