Friday, March 24, 2006

Yaaar!!!! She Blows....

When I was naming/looking for former collegiate players of note last week, I forgot to mention former Georgetown gunner Victor Page. Now I wish I hadn't clicked on this article about him. DE-PRESS-ING...or terribly, cruely funny. It's really your call on that one.

One thing that I forgot to mention on Wednesday was the unbelievable man crush that my Dad has on Tyrus Thomas. He mentioned it to me during the first two rounds of the tourney. I found this remarkable because (a) my Dad could generally care less about individual college basketball players and (b) he seemed to know an awful lot about him. I would've been impressed that my Dad didn't think his first name was Thomas. Instead, there was my Dad last Friday night talking about how active and athletic Thomas is, and even saying "you're lucky he didn't play against UF either game this year." Yeah, no shit old man. Thanks for the tip. I only watch more SEC basketball than 98% of the US population.

After last night's game, I'm pretty sure that my Dad and Dick Enberg are sitting together, penning love notes to Tyrus while sipping on sweet tea. Either that or they are both taking naps...either one. By the way, Thomas is a beast, there's no denying that, but I'm going to get a an awful big kick out of him going in the top 5 in this June's NBA Draft despite the fact that he's about as offensively skilled as your average WNBA Center.

As for last night's games. I can't remember two more exciting finishes back to back during the Sweet Sixteen. Then again, I often find it hard to remember what I had for dinner the night before, so I might not be the best authority to consult on this type of thing. Either way, three of the four games last night were fantastic and they all helped me go 4-0 so far during the tournament's second weekend. As for tonight, I've got UConn, Villanova, and Florida all advancing and I can't win the George Mason-Wichita State game b/c I have the Shockers losing to UNC in tonight's game (whoops). Since I was sitting in third in my sister's pool before last night I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I'd be in pretty solid shape to advance my position if tonight's games play out according to (my) plan. As great as that would be, I'd be more than satisfied with a classic between Villanova and BC and a Gator victory. Oh yeah, and a healthy buzz to go along with it all. At least something is in my control tonight.

This just in: Adam Morrison just lost a game of Halo, threw down his headset and began to sob uncontrollably. What a bitch.

1 comment:

CFunk28 said...

I always thought that Victor Page would make it in the NBA. Now I know the reasons he didn't.

On another note, there's a little clip of my favorite player of all time in SI this week. Mark Price is coaching an Aussie League team in Melbourne. LeBron will never pass him on my list. Hell he may never pass Daugherty or Nance either.