Monday, November 01, 2004

Still slowing recovering from a wild weekend in jacksonville....win or lose, that weekend is the best day of the college football season for me. It is the very embodiement of the pageantry of fall saturdays in the south. Obviously, being a Florida fan, I am biased but do yourself a favor and go...at least once...unless you encounter the Jacksonville Police Department, you won't be dissapointed.

Speaking of dissapointed...the Florida defense is just not that good, they may have some athletes on that side of the ball but they ARE NOT a talented defense, not yet at least. With that being said, I was/am proud of the way that the Gators fought back in a game that could've gotten ugly, very ugly. Georgia deserved the victory but don't think for one second that everybody (and I mean everybody) in red and black wasn't just a little nervous when Billy Latsko scored to make it 24-21.

I may hate the University of Georgia, but damn if I don't love their women...Georgia girls are the hottest in the SEC, hands down...and no I will not argue about this.

Andre Caldwell didn't even look like he was running that hard on his touchdown catch but since he was blowing by everybody on the field I guess he must've been. I don't mean to get ahead of myself here but the very thought of Caldwell, Chad jackson, Chris Leak and (crossing fingers) Ciatrick Fason running around in the Fun n' Gun makes me giddy...even aflutter. Sorry about that. When you're 4-4 and 2-4 in conference you need something to keep you going.

One last thing about Andre Caldwell...when his brother, Reche, was a sophomore, the Gators ran a fake reverse pass against Mississippi State that was almost identical to the play run on Saturday, except for one thing...Reche UNDERthrew the QB (the immortal Doug Johnson) by about 15 yards...whereas Andre overthrew Leak by 5. Both times the Gators lost...so for the record, receivers from the Caldwell family are 0-2 on reverse passes and florida is 0-2 in those games. And yes, I do have a girlfriend...for how long is anybody's guess.

I had a great time on Saturday but couldn't have the 5-6 unbelievable games that occured on Saturday have happened on a normal Saturday when I'm laying on my couch and scratching myself? I don't ask for much.

As my friend Joe said this morning, "If Adrian Peterson doesn't win the Heisman, they should just name it the "Best Senior in the Country Award"...wait, you mean, it's not? Then why did Eric Crouch win 3 years ago? Anyone...seriously, anybody?

Could I be more excited for a Monday night game then tonight's Jets-Phins tilt...well yes, actually.

This is just a suggestion for the people who make highway exit signs...if I have to drive THRU a neighborhood to get to one of the restaraunts listed on the Food/Gas sign then it is OFFICIALLY too far away to be listed on the afforementioned sign.

In 10 years, we may look back on the 2001 Bucs team and ask the same question that people ask about the 1986 Mets team...and that question is...How did they win a World Champoionship before somebody was beaten to death by a teammate in the lockeroom? I mean c'mon the cast of Different Strokes wasn't that dysfunctional.

Does anybody else get the feeling that Avon Barksdale is going to shoot Stringer Bell soon? Really...I can't be the only one, can I? (And if you don't watch The Wire, then I only have one thing to say...Get off your knees because you're blowing it.)

I am thinking of just not starting ANY Wide Receivers for the rest of my Fantasy season...if you had gone thru such complete and utter busts as Justin McCariens, Brandon Lloyd, Santana Moss, Darrell Jackson, Lavernues Coles, Tyrone Calico, Donte Stallworth and Steve "I should've known it wasn't my year on the first Monday night of the season" Smith already this year, then you'd be at the end of your rope as well. I swear the only thing keeping me together is Antonio Gates...is it ok to be in love with a Tight End who doesn't even play for your favorite team? No? Uh-Oh.

No comments: