Friday, February 02, 2007

Out the doh...

That's where I'm headed right now. I've been dealing with a moderate amount of back pain for most of this week, due in large part to an especially violent collision I had with an opposing player and, subsequently, the basket support last weekend. While the pain had been pretty manageable earlier this week, the after effects of playing all 40 minutes in my City league game last night has rendered me pain stricken and somewaht immobile today.

As a result of this, I'm off to see the chiropractor this afternoon. I'll probably be back at work later in the day but there's no chance that I'll be hunching over a keyboard typing out my usual dose of Friday afternoon nonsense. Instead, I'm gonna try and take it easy for the rest of the day and hope my back starts to heal up a bit before the 2nd Annual Mugs Bowl on Sunday morning. You may remember me writing about the inaugural version of this game last year around this time, or you may not. Either way, the game is kind of a big deal and I'm expected to contribute pretty heavily to the defense again this year so I'm looking out for my health today. Hopefully, my back feels good enough tomorrow that I'll be able to supply you guys with a brief rundown of Sunday's big game. Oh yeah, I might talk about the Super Bowl too. Anywho, that's all for me today.


Special thanks to TJ for hooking me up with some links on this page. This would've happened along time ago but, as the title clearly explains, I'm stupid. Among other things.
Update: I know its late in the day but you absolutely MUST read this story about the goings on within the University of Memphis Athletic Dept. Good god, even Miami fans would be embarrassed by a breaking scandal of this magnitude. Of course, I'm sure John Calipari had no idea any of this was going on. None whatsoever.

11 comments:

CFunk28 said...

Mmmmm...muscle relaxers and pain killers make for a good weekend.

Mark said...

Yeah, they should come in handy over the next couple of days. Hopefully I won't need them on Sunday until after my football game. If it works out that way, the Super Bowl should be, well, super.

Mark said...

The new blogger fucking sucks. Why would they switch to a system that takes longer to load and ends up making everything look disjointed and sloppy. Its embarassing how bad some of my recent posts look.

CFunk28 said...

If its not broke, don't fix it.

I hate Peyton Manning. All this talk of how every player and ex-player wants him to win makes me throw up in my mouth.

Grossman and Alex Brown should go out for warm ups in full UF gear and freak out Manning. That would be awesome.

T.J. said...

I hate the new blogger

CFunk28 said...

Acie Law IV, HUGE balls

Mark said...

Acie is one of my most favorite made up names.

John said...

Just thought I'd let you know that the best way to sober up during 12 hours of drinking is to get randomly assaulted in a Montana bar. My face hurts.

I know I've deserved to have my ass kicked at least 100 times before, but this time, I definitely didn't. Karma is a bitch.

Mark said...

Wait, wait, wait...You got your ass kicked in Montana recently? Did you and Joe get in a fight with some random dudes? Did you and Joe fight each other? What transpired earlier in the evening that led to this? I must know more, much, much more.

Mark said...

You work at a bar now? In addition to your other job, or full time?

I'm all kinds of out of sorts right now. Do you know what happended? Why was john in Montana? I assumed to visit you, but then he's off at a different bar w/out you, so I'm starting to get really confused, and worried.

I need copious detail damnit!

Mark said...

Whoa, you're a bouncer now, huh? Big man!

Seriously though, I will totally kick your ass. Well, not really. That much detail should suffice for now. I'll try and get the rest from John soon.

Any word on what the deal is for the Draft? Calvin hasn't responded. Not surprising, considering what a fag he is.