Friday, June 09, 2006

Freakin' Sweet!

I'll be back on Monday with some actual material. I figured it's better to let two full NBA Finals Games take place before I start opining on the series. Though I will say that I called the PG mismatch Terry/Harris vs. William/Payton far in advance of last night (though in the spirit of full disclosure I should admit that even I never thought Terry would dominate like that). Just so you don't think I'm tooting my horn here, I'm fairly certain that Beano Cook could've called that mismatch too, and he hasn't watched basketball since the ball had laces and the players were called "cagers". Well, there was that one time he and Johnny Majors watched The Fish that Saved Pittsburgh but that's another story unto itself. Anyway, I'm heading out for the rest of the day in a few minutes and will not be returning until Monday. That's when I'll attempt to tackle a little from both the NBA Finals and the earlyWorld Cup action, as well the normal amount of nonsense and tales of boozy mayhem that you've assuredly come to expect from this blog. (In all actuality, I hope that you don't expect anything from this blog, lest you become extremely disappointed and disillusioned with my presence, or lack thereof in your life).

While I'm in no way saddened by by abbreviated stay in the office today, I do feel for you poor souls who have another few hours left before you can effectively stick to the man for the weekend. With that in mind, I present to you the first (and more than likely) pictures of my sweet effin' beard (I've named it Pablo). I've had this thing up and rocking for over three months now.

Surprisingly, my girlfriend loves Pablo. Seriously. I have no idea why, so don't ask me. Not so suprisingly, the weather down here is making Pablo's days extremely numbered. With the temperatures forcecasted to reach the mid-90's this weekend, Pablo will be lucky to see Monday.

No comments: