Friday, May 30, 2008

I'm a man! I'm 30?

If you've ever wasted any of your time around these parts you're probably well aware of how unbelievably immature I am. Either because you know me personally, or because you've bothered to read a post or two. Even when I'm writing seriously, or seriously for me, about sports this space is still often filled with ill-timed jokes and frequent profanity. I'd like to think that I'll evolve from this at some point in my life but, as it currently stands, it doesn't seem very likely. By the time you reach your 30s you essentially are what you are, for better or worse. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy being me (save for the ever increasing power of my hangovers) its just that every so often I'm reminded of just how juvenile and immature I am. Yesterday was one of those days. I stumbled upon this site, and laughed like a little schoolgirl for the next 10 to 15 minutes. Its a sad commentary really. Clearly all it takes is the frequent and innapropriate use of profanity to make me laugh. I guess its good that all my kids live at least one state away...for all of us.

While I'm on the subject of immaturity, I figured I ought to post the trailer for the new Will Ferrell movie. Now, I know his last couple of movies have been formulaic, lazy pieces of crap but I've got a good feeling about this one. Maybe its the chemistry he shares with John C. Reilly, maybe its because I just spent fifteen minutes on borderbangers.com. You decide.



Okay, thats an awful lot of proof of my immaturity, not that you really needed any. Anywho, to show you I'm not a complete and total waste of space and $50,000+ in education (I guess thats debatable either way) here's the trailer for the new Chuck Pahlaniuk movie, Choke. The book was amazing, but I'm probably not the most unbiased critic when it comes to Pahlaniuk's work. I'd read anything that he writes, especially if its a book about a sex addict who makes money by faking that he's choking on food in swanky restaurants. I mean, who wouldn't find something like that interesting? Oh right...this paragraph was supposed to help prove that I am mature. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

No comments: